Here is a quick overview of how I do my yearly planning.
- Review the overall goals that you set for your family and home education.
- Determine subjects for each child (see my master list)
- Determine goals for each child in each subject
- Choose resources for each child in each subject
- Decide on dates for school terms
- Figure out what resources will be used in what terms.
- Plan out a general course of study for each subject for the first few weeks of the term
- Plan out any special activities for each month
- Create student timetables/assignment sheets/checklists/or whatever you use to track progress